Monday, May 12, 2008

Double Post Extravaganza!!

For this Monday morning spectacular, I am giving you, my readers, a double dose of Leigh-mania. Don't say I didn't warn you...

First up, MAJOR CELEBRITY SIGHTING!!!!

Hint #1: Star of the Coen Brothers' Oscar-winning film

Hint #2: Married to a Desperate Housewife

Hint #3: Likes books

And the answer is...William H. Macy!! WOWSA, this was a big one! I was in Chevalier's Books on Saturday for my signing and who comes walking in, startling all of us, including some of us who consider ourselves fairly jaded Los Angelenos, but Mister Felicity Huffmann himself wearing a big bushy moustache and a smile! One of our friends managed to open her mouth and ask him for a picture, which of course he did because he's one of the most awesome actors EVER!

Sadly, he did not take one of my cookies nor did he glance at my books. I was soveryclose to asking him to take a postcard home to Felicity - and I would have been bold too - but there wasn't much of an opportunity and you really do want to let celebs do their thing or else they'll just stay home and order online.

And second of all...what a great store Chevalier's Books is! We are so lucky to have a wonderful independent bookstore like that here in Los Angeles. It's located in the heart of Larchmont Village and they are so cool, they allow people in with their dogs! And some great dogs too!

Special thanks to Erica, Liz and Norman who are the store's very special booklovers/employees who handled everything for me. Here are some pics of my lovely readers who made a super special effort to come down and hang out with me:




Thanks to everyone who made my afternoon fantastic!