Friday, October 3, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Friday

5 Things I Learned This Week:

1. Even if the calendar says it's October 1st, that doesn't mean you can't have a heat wave in LA that melts the insides of your brain.

2. Rewriting a book from 3rd person to 1st person does not mean you just change "she" to "I." It's actually more like writing the book from scratch. And it's very, very painful.

3. Book fair season is a lot like baseball season - and there are always more playoff games than you could possibly attend. This Saturday, I'm in Duarte, CA for their Festival of Authors. Come listen to me and Liane Bonin chat with other YA panelists at 2:30PM or just stop by the booth and say hello!

4. Sending a fan letter to your favorite writer is just as hard when you're a published author as when you're not. In fact, I think it's harder because you're expected to use, like, proper grammar and decent spelling and crap. That being said, I hope Liza and Jennifer don't think I'm lame.

5. Even celebrities use the restroom. And if you don't believe me, check out my latest sighting.