Friday, April 11, 2008

Random Friday Stuff

1. I can’t wait to see ALL ABOUT VEE on bookshelves. If anyone sees it anywhere, PLEASE snap a photo and email it to me! Or post it on your blog or something and let me know because that is just about the most exciting thing for an author. That and seeing it in someone’s hand as they’re reading it (and I don’t mean my mom or dad!).

2. I’m super-thrilled to be guest blogging today at Paula Yoo’s site. Come check it out! You know from reading my blog that I loved LOVED Paula’s book, Good Enough and I can’t wait for her next one, so if guest-blogging gives her time to finish it, then bring it on. Go, Paula! Write, write, write!

3. I couldn’t watch Idol Gives Back on Wednesday. I mean, yes, I could but I just couldn’t. The show makes me too sad. I watched last year and it was really depressing. I’m sure there was a lot of great stuff going on and I’ve read about all the terrific performances but I just…I couldn’t. I did, however, watch last night’s results show…

4. …and I couldn’t believe Michael Johns was voted off! Well, I guess I can, based on his ascot-vest combinations and the fact that he doesn’t actually understand the lyrics of the songs he sings (e.g. the Beatles “Across the Universe” and Aerosmith’s “Dream On”). He’ll do fine – heck, they’ll all do fine – but certain of them will do more fine than others. Like David Cook who has been humbled a bit after all his great perfs.

5. It’s finally getting warm again where I live which makes me feel soooo much better. I adore warm weather and sunshine, even if it does distract me from my work. My excuse for not getting my pages done these past couple of days? My new book is out! Whoo-hoo! Yay, VEE!!!

:) leigh