Friday, March 13, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Friday

4 Disappointments this week

1. No new episode of LOST. Shame, shame on ABC for telling us we'd have consecutive new episodes this season and then shoehorning a repeat in this week. What, it's not sweeps anymore?

2. Barbie is 50. Michael Jackson is 50. Only one is going on a world tour and it's not the blonde-tressed beauty we know and whose shoes we covet. Why, Michael? Do you need the money that badly? Trying to buy back Neverland Ranch? Especially sans new album, who is going to pay the big bucks for old material?

3. My inner clock is all screwed up because of the time change. I know it's just an hour but I can't get to sleep- and then get up- at the right time. I love the light, believe me, but why can't it be like this all year long? This reminds me of a story I wrote years ago about a town that was smack dab between time zones. I may have to revisit that.

4. I still haven't found the voice for the new story I am trying to write. I also began writing a short story that I hated within 6 pages. This is so frustrating. When I'm not writing anything, I get very depressed.

And 4.1 - Today is ANOTHER Friday the 13th.

[sigh]

"We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope."
--Martin Luther King Jr.