Sunday, July 1, 2007

Four More Years! I mean, Four More Days!

Finally, my book is coming out in four short days.

People who don't know me, who have never heard my name or even know how to pronounce it, will at some point in the near future, I hope, be reading LOVE, MEG (and by the way, check out the Multimedia section of my website for tips on saying my last name...

((I assume most people know how to pronounce my first name since it's the same as the last name of a very famous actress but you know, that's actually not true because, ever since I moved to California, more people have called me by the wrong first name than anyone ever has in all of my life...they call me Leah or Lay which is just not right. I mean this is the land of Vivien Leigh, one of the most beautiful and famous actresses in one of the grandest and Technicolor-iest movies of all time - GWTW, people! Atlanta burns! I will never go hungry again! Frankly, Scarlett, etc., etc...

(((What? You've never seen GONE WITH THE WIND? Get this movie! Put it on your Netflix queue! Watch it on TNT! This is, I must admit, one instance where "read the book instead" is not a better option. I know, I know...blasphemy from a writer but trust me, reading Margaret Mitchell's tome is not nearly as good as seeing Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable tussle and flirt...

((((I put Mario Puzo's THE GODFATHER in the same category. Book is fun but pulpy. Coppola's movies - brilliant! Okay, so that's the second instance. These are both very rare circumstances. IMNSHO, most books are way better than the movies that come from them. Richer, deeper, more three dimensional. JMO...))))

So, yes, my book will be out very soon and I hope everyone who reads it likes it. If you do, please drop me a line to let me know. I'd love to hear from you.

Dreams, dreams always dreams with you, never common sense.

Your Hollywood connection,
Leigh