Saturday, December 20, 2008

The I Heart Your Blog Noms

The lovely and amazing writer Kimberly Derting (THE BODY FINDER) nominated me for an I Heart Your Blog Award!

Tell me how touched I am! Go on, tell me!

No, it's more than that.

Yup, more than that too...

There ya go! That's exactly how touched I am by this honor. I adore reading her blog, The Road to Publication. It helps me relive all the joys I have felt along the way to having my own books published - and reminds me of how grateful I am for all that I have.

Now, that being said, here are the rules for the nominations:

1) Add the logo of your award to your blog (done!).
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (see above!).
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs (see below).
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog (you got it!).
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs (will do!).

So here are my choices...the first couple are blogs I love because I totally dig their pro-girl stance, despite being so very different.

1. The Chick Manifesto - Go, Taren! Taren seasons her book and movie reviews with a heavy dose of sentiment and just the right amount of sarcasm.

2. Menstrual Poetry - Go, Holly! Holly posts about all things girls and women should pay attention to, from politics to entertainment.

Next are some writers I adore and whose work I hope to be able to showcase very soon.

3. Christina Rundle - Yay, Christina! Christina is in the midst of several YA novels- her blog chronicles her progress on her projects as well as the sweet treat she's enjoying that day.

4. Dreaming in Red - Yay, Chandra! Chandra's book, THE TAROT CAFE NOVEL, will debut in January 6, 09 from TokyoPop...

5. My Very Own Blogetary - Yay, Rachel! Rachel writes lots of short stories and is also working on a novel. Her blog reflects her liberal politics and creative brain.

And finally, two writer friends of mine from Los Angeles whose novels debuted in 2008:

6. Paula Yoo - Whoo-hoo, Paula! Check out her book, GOOD ENOUGH, from HarperTeen...

7. Jordanna Fraiberg - Whoo-hoo, Jordanna! Look for her book, IN YOUR ROOM, from Razorbill...

It was really tough for me to narrow down the blogs I love to just these seven. Here are some other fantastic blogs I follow on a regular basis and I won't officially nominate them because they have all been nominated by other people: Bookluver Carol's Reviews, Reviewer X, The Page Flipper, The Story Siren, The Book Muncher, Literary Rejections on Display, Woman Tribune, Pub Rants, In Bed With Books, Harmony Book Reviews, YA Fresh, Stupid Blog Name...

...am I forgetting anyone? I hope not!