Friday, January 23, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Friday

5 Great Things That Happened This Week

1. Barack Obama was sworn in as President. And the country leapt forward into the 21st Century. Finally.

2. American Idol and LOST are back. My two very favorite mid-season shows - the former is a guilty pleasure, the second is genius storytelling.

3. Meryl Streep was nominated for an Oscar for "Doubt" (as were Philip Seymour Hoffmann, Viola Davis, and Amy Adams - all brilliant). While I'm sure Meryl gave a fantastic performance in "Mamma Mia," her role in "Doubt" was superb and mesmerizing.

4. I received my first reader feedback for a new manuscript - yay! She loved it. Never used a teen beta reader before but this book is a departure for me and I wanted to make sure I got it right.

5. Barack Obama was sworn in as President. Oh, did I mention that already?