Monday, January 14, 2008

Lurking Among the Blogs

I’m a born lurker. I can’t help it. My mother was a lurker, my father was a lurker and so my brother and I are both lurkers on the world wide internet. I love to read posts at websites like Wordplay, Literary Rejections, Ward Six and Maureen Johnson but I rarely (read: never) post replies. Not that I don’t want to. I do have opinions most of the time and I sometimes tell them to my computer but for every time I actually post something, there are about a hundred where I delete the post seconds after I’ve composed it.

And what does this do but deprive the blogging universe of my supremely amusing and clever insights into scrapbook making and the pros and cons of veganism?

So another of my resolutions this year is to post more frequently on others’ blogs. Not that I’m gonna be one of those people who post on everyone’s boards and then write up multiple and lengthy posts on their own sites. My repetitive stress tendonitis is flaring up just thinking about all that typing.