Friday, April 3, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Friday

4 Princess and the Pea moments*

1. One of my iPod earbuds has lost its little spongy cover so it won't fit into my ear properly which is seriously aggravating. Only one, though, so that means the other one does fit, which is somehow even more irritating.

2. I asked HH to check something for me on my Google Analytics page and he clicked on something that removed/deleted/destroyed a chart I used to like. Now I can't get it back no matter what I try.

3. My upstairs neighbor, who is a filmmaker, is getting ready to start a new project which means he - and his actors - pound across the floor - and my head - from morning until night every single day. Plus I've heard the script so many times, I could act the roles myself.

4. Time is passing much too quickly without my accomplishing what I need/want/must do. This is unbelievably vexing.

* The story of the Princess and the Pea was one of my favorites when I was a kid. A young woman shows up at a castle one rainy night , looking for a place to stay and claiming to be a princess. To test this, the Queen puts a pea underneath fifty mattresses; if she can feel it, she is indeed a princess. The woman complains the next morning that she couldn't sleep well because of something in her bed, thus proving that she's a real princess. She marries the prince and they live happily ever after. When HH and I become increasingly annoyed by small things, we say we are feeling "very princess and the pea."