Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Catching Up with TV

…because seriously, that’s the most important thing, isn’t it? What’s happening in the world of television?

Well, I’m behind by a day because I have been trying to a) work on a new book b) edit another new book and c) get my Google sidebar up and running. Right now, I have my Google calendar, an analog clock because I need to see a physical representation of time, the local weather (complete with little graphic design that changes as the weather changes) and the Buddhist Thought for the Day, which is usually pretty challenging to me at 7 in the morning.

But there are so many things I could put up there! Blog links, a calculator, my horoscope…I was overwhelmed by the choices! Seriously I sometimes wish we had like, three choices for everything. It’s like when I go shopping, which I can’t do and be swift about it. There are so many options: shoes, pants, tops, underwear - I always need something and each something has about fifty choices. I long for the future when we will all wear jumpsuits. I mean, isn’t that what the Star Trek universe is all about? When do we get to wear the jumpsuits and black boots? I think I would look way cool in an outfit like that.

Back to television…is everyone loving Heroes these days? I love the new characters and their awesome powers (sadly, I don’t know their names because there are so damn many of them) but how about the girl who can watch something and then do it? That’s the power I want! I could watch a gorgeous perfect ballerina like Gillian Murphy and then go to class and do fifteen turns perfectly. That would be awesome. I don’t know how far it would go in my writing because that’s not about muscle memory. But maybe if I did cool stuff, I would have more to write about.

Today’s research: Mexican pastries. (Yum!)

Your Hollywood connection,
Leigh