Friday, July 18, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Friday

1. I was on TV!! Me! I can hardly believe it! I was like, a star, for a very brief moment in time. It was really hard to watch myself at first(I can't even stand to listen to my recorded voice - yuck!) so I kind of cringed as I watched but then I tried to just sit back and imagine being a member of the audience and I didn't sound so bad after all. Hope you all got to see it but if not, it will probably go up on YouTube and on Connie's website. Check back on my own site for that info; we'll keep you updated.

2. Anyone looking for a respite from the summer heat should duck into her local theater and watch "Hancock" starring my super-crush, Will Smith. If you haven't seen it yet, it's fun but thoughtful - a very unique superhero movie that somehow manages to include all of the typical superhero conventions yet remain original. HH and I so love Will Smith that we came right home and watched our favorite scenes from both MIB movies. I would own "Pursuit of Happyness" except so much of it is way too sad.

3. Jordyn, your book is in the mail. Jordyn was the winner at Teen Book Review's blog when I was guest blogging over there in June. On Wednesday I sent her out a signed hardcover of LOVE, MEG. I hope you'll let me know what you think when you read it, Jordyn!

4. Hey, I was on TV!