Friday, August 7, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Friday

4 Things I've Learned This Summer

1. They have monsoons in Arizona. I always associated "monsoon" with a tropical clime like Hawaii or the Fiji Islands. The word sounds so much more romantic than simply "thunderstorm." But when we visited in July to see my brother and his family, we actually witnessed one. Not very romantic, I must say.

2. Clear self-tanners sound like a great idea - but they're not. You can't see where you've put the lotion! Duh! It took me three tries until I got my legs covered and stopped looking like I'd fallen asleep on a chaise lounge with big white stripes across my knees and thighs.

3. My own iced coffee with a touch of sugar and a dash of vanilla soymilk tastes better than Starbucks. And it costs far less.

4. There's no such thing as summer vacation when you work for yourself. Aside from the 2 days I spent in Arizona (and even then I was working on and sending out new outlines), I haven't had any vacation time at all - hence the need for the self-tanner. Dude, I seriously need a break.

It's not over yet! Summer technically lasts until Labor Day which falls on September 7 this year so we all still have time to enjoy it. Get out there and do it and then tell me about it so I can live vicariously through you. Cheers~