Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Prom Time, etc.

It's so strange when art imitates life...right now, I am finishing up a draft of a book whose protagonist is the co-chair of her senior prom committee. And just recently, I posted my own prom photo (don't laugh - it was the 80s!!) on Little Willow's Bildungsroman site for her roundtable discussion with the readergirlz as they honor Laurie Halse Anderson's novel, PROM, this month.

Personally, I loved the book even though I didn't care for the cover art (see below), which was frilly and girly and made it look like it was going to be chick-lit. Anderson does NOT write chick-lit, as all who have read SPEAK know.

And here's the etc...
On Thursday, June 5th at 7PM East/4PM Pacific, I'll be chatting LIVE!!! on-line with ThePageFlipper's book club! It's gonna be major amounts of fun! Check out her MySpace page or her way fun website, ThePageFlipper.com, for more info. There I am, on her page and everything!