Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Premiere Week!

The Simpsons: great guest voices (Stephen Colbert and Lionel Richie!) and finally, some laughs. Best episode since two seasons ago. The writers are back!

Family Guy: Star Wars parody was hilarious but not enough. I expected more skewering of the iconic film. The fact that it was Lucas-approved probably meant it was tamer - and nicer - than it could have been.

Heroes: Awesome! Loved it! Will Hiro become the Japanese warrior, Kensei? Where is Peter? And can Claire ever really be a normal girl? Can’t wait for next week!

Beauty and the Geek: a guilty pleasure. What a cast - I can’t decide which team is my favorite yet. I love them all! How can you not love the Betty Boop girl?

Some of my favorites have not premiered yet but will soon: The Office (Jim and Pam! Michael and Jan!), Earl (is it the prison blues for our karmic dude?) and Desperate Housewives (someone has to be dead or pregnant in the opening episode). My all-time favorite show, Lost, doesn’t return until February so all of these shows are merely filler until that time arrives. Like American Idol - we’ll be watching that - and some other comedies like 30 Rock and Scrubs.

Anything I’m missing?

Next: new shows...

Your Hollywood connection,
Leigh