1. Since when did Susan stop trusting her unbelievably trustworthy daughter? She’s the only character in the entire show that I would trust with my life.
2. Why would Lynette confront Gaby about not coming to visit her during chemo? She had a whole room full of women who wanted to be with her but Gaby was the first choice? Really? Gaby??
3. Why is Bree’s husband Orson suddenly so bland? When you have someone as attractive and interesting as Kyle Maclachlan (come on, the guy starred in “Blue Velvet” and “Twin Peaks,” for pete’s sake!), why are you wasting him? What happened to his awesome story from last season?
4. Why didn’t any of Susan’s friends give her a hard time about marrying Mike in secret? And she’s pregnant? Are you serious?
5. Totally loving Dana Delany’s new character!! What a great role for her, as a foil for Bree! But please do not give her daughter the traditional soap opera-y trauma-induced amnesia. Okay this is not a question. This is a plea to Marc Cherry. This show is way better than that.
6. Is Carlos really going to have Edie bumped off? Just because she knows about the off-shore account? Gosh, I hope not.
7. Can we bring back Andrew as the show’s only gay character? I admit I have had issues with this show due to its lack of diversity (don’t talk to me about Gaby and Carlos - they are just as white as Bree van de Camp - or the Applewhites who were around for the bad season and got sent away mighty quickly). We know Fairview is pretty Stepford-ish and we accept that but this is television, people. We can do whatever we want!
Okay, that’s it for now. I promise to return to book stuff soon - or at least to mention it every once in a while - but the new TV season has me hooked for the time being.
Today’s research: how to create a black-and-white photograph.
Your Hollywood connection,