Monday, September 22, 2008

Emmy? Who's Emmy?

This was the first year in a long time that I didn't have some sort of interest in the Emmy awards from a professional standpoint. Personally, sure, I had my favorites - some of whom won, some who were not even nominated. But since I haven't been working in broadcast television in over a year, I wasn't aware of all the nominations or hoopla or controversy (see WGA Strike of 2008) surrounding this year's ceremony - not that the network I worked for was ever in contention for any awards. LOL!!!

But I do know a winner! My friend from graduate school, Eileen Finkelstein, was an editor on a documentary called, "Autism: The Musical," which won two Emmys, one of which was for Best Editing. It aired on HBO and will air again so look out for it. I know I will! Congrats, Eileen!