Monday, September 8, 2008

Mark your calendars

Personally, I always use a RL calendar that has little squares in it and I can write in them and cross things out and the whole month is there for me to see. I just can't do it electronically. I have tried to do the Yahoo thing and I even had a Google widget for my desktop that was connected to my calendar but that meant I had to keep the computer on all the time just to check my availability on a particular day.

Plus I like flipping pages ahead to see what's coming up. I sort of feel like, "surprise!" when I use the widget because it just tells me what I'm doing that day.

[Does it really astonish no one that I write incredibly long books and then cut them down? I mean, my whole life is one long draft...]

Upcoming this fall:

--Thursday, 9/11, 7PM: Appearance on a Duarte public access television show to promote ALL ABOUT VEE and the Duarte Festival of Authors. Yay, television! Check it out if you live in the area that receives this station and tell me what you think.

--Sunday, 9/28, 1PM: West Hollywood Book Fair, West Hollywood, CA. I will be moderating a panel of fantastic YA authors (Lisa Yee, CG Watson, Joyce Lee Wong, Janet Tashjian) and then signing VEE at the Barnes & Noble booth. I love this fair so much and have attended and/or participated every year since it began!

--Saturday, 10/4, 10AM: Duarte Festival of Authors, Duarte, CA. Along with Liane Bonin, I will be on a YA author panel and we will also have an exhibitors' table all day. Please stop by and say hello if you're in the area! Ray Bradbury will also be there!

--Saturday, 10/25: SCBWI Conference, Oakland, CA. With CG Watson and others, I will be on a panel to discuss young adult lit.