Wednesday, March 26, 2008

David Cook Rules!

I think, to be ultra cool, I should have spelled "rules" with a "z" as in "DAVID COOK RULZ!!!!"

To quote my friend and fellow author Paula Yoo, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DAVID COOK! Seriously, I think I'm in love. I WAS in love with Jason Castro but that was only because he reminded me of all the guys I had crushes on in college who didn't like me back. I could never get the guys who looked like Jason to fall for me. But no matter, because now I have David Cook, who is the kind of guy most people underestimate who then KICKS BUTT!

I have mentioned this before but it's worth repeating: each week David Cook gets better and better and more impressive with his performances. His confidence is building not waning, as some others' are, and he is taking more chances with his arrangements. He was absolutely brilliant singing "Billie Jean" like that last night. I really really hope this was his own unique arrangement and not something he borrowed from someone else, like he did with Whitesnake and the Beatles.

I listened to his song twice, once with my eyes closed to see if it was something I would listen to on the radio. Yup. Oh yeah. I would download that in a heartbeat. In fact, I may just do that today if they have it up on iTunes.

One of the Cooks has got to go and it ain't gonna be this one.